Useful Phrases To Know When Traveling
Author unknown. Intended to be a humorous story about being taken hostage by a terrorist group somewhere in the Middle East. The choice of languages is arbitrary. Written during the Carter Administration when international relationships between Iran and the U.S. were particularly strained.
- Fekr gabul gardan davat paeh gush divar.
- (I accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms
above my head and my legs apart.)
- Shomaeh fekr tamomeh oeh gofteh bande.
- (I agree with everything you have said or thought in your life.)
- Auto arraregh davateman mano sepaheh-hast.
- (It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk
of your car.)
- Fashal-eh tupehman no degat mano goftam chesha yeh mohemara jebehkeshv
- (If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages
I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.)
- Khrel, jepaheh maneh va yeii amrikahey.
- (I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies traveling
- Balli, balli, balli.
- Maternier ghermez ahlieh, gorban.
- (The red blindfold would be lovely, Excellency.)
- Tikeh nuneh ba ob khrelleh bezorg va khrube boyast ino begeram.
- (The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you. I must have